NOTICE: Beginning Tuesday, March 1st, delinquent tax bills must be paid in the office of the Marquette County Treasurer. The Marquette County Treasurer’s, Ishpeming Office, located at 215 W. Hematite, is open Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Telephone Number: 906-486-6510 or 906-228-8425
Phone: (906)485-1091 ext. 211
Jill Dompierre, Deputy Treasurer
Phone: (906)485-1091 ext. 207
100 E. Division Street
Ishpeming, MI 49849
City Hall is open Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CITY TREASURER- GENERAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Appointed by, and serves at the will of the City Council.
- Has custody of all monies and all evidences of value belonging to, or held in trust by the city.
- Receives, keeps, and deposits all monies or funds in such manner and in such places that the Council determines.
- Has powers, duties and prerogatives to enforce the collection of State, County and School District taxes upon real and personal property.
- Shall perform other duties as may be prescribed by state of federal law, this Charter, the ordinances or resolutions of the City Council.