If you have an after hours or weekend water or sewer emergency, please call (877) 656-1406.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Phone: (906) 486-9371
Fax: (906) 486-9551
Jon Kangas, Public Works Director / City Engineer
Jesse Ayotte, Office Manager
DPW is located on Lake Street next to the Police/Fire Station
Saturday Refuse Collection
SPECIAL REFUSE COLLECTION – Last Saturday of each Month
Ishpeming RESIDENTS will have the opportunity to dispose of large, non-hazardous garbage items at the City’s compost and metal collection site. Roll off containers will be available along with help to load larger items.
The drop off site is located on Carson Road off of Lakeshore Drive (south of US Hwy 41).
This service will be available on the last Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. RESIDENTS are REQUIRED to present identification AND their City utility bill.
The following items are PROHIBITED:
- Beverage containers (recycle curbside)
- Cardboard (recycling curbside)
- Yard Clippings (place in compost pile)
- Brush / small diameter trees/branches (place in brush pile)
- Used oil
- Lead acid batteries
- Low-level radioactive waste
- Hazardous waste
- Liquid waste
- Asbestos Waste
- Medical Waste
- Construction Materials, including shingles
- Scrap Metal (place in recycling bins or recycle curbside)