WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL
CITY OF ISHPEMING WEBSITE
CITY OF ISHPEMING INTENT TO ISSUE BONDS
The City of Ishpeming intends to issue limited tax general obligation bonds pursuant to Section 518 of Act 34, in one or more series, in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed Twelve Million Dollars ($12,000,000) (the “Bonds”) for the purpose of paying part of the costs of the unfunded pension liability for the City’s Municipal Employees Retirement System defined benefit pension plan for general government employees.
The City has prepared and adopted a Comprehensive Financial Plan for Pension and Other Post Employment Benefits which can be viewed by clicking below. Copies are also available at the City Clerk’s Office, 100 E. Division Street in Ishpeming; Phone 906-485-1091, Ext. 203.
Click below to view the Resolution approving the Comprehensive Financial Plan and the Notice of Intent.
If you are interested in learning more about the City of Ishpeming, getting involved, and making a difference in our Community visit the My Great Ishpeming website. My Great Ishpeming Team may also be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to see 10 Great Things About Ishpeming!
City Hall: 100 E. Division Street, Ishpeming, MI 49849
Property Tax/Utility Billing Lookup and
Property Tax information may be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- For the property owner, current tax information is available to view free of charge.
- For non-property owner, current tax information is available for a $2.00 fee per property as a single transaction using your credit card.
Credit Card: 3% convenience fee with a $2.00 minimum.
E-Check: $3.00 fee for up to $9,999.99 / $10.00 fee for $10,000.00 and over
Utility Billing information may be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- For account holder, information is available to view free of charge.
- For non account holder, information is available for a $1.00 fee per account as a single transaction using your credit card.
To pay your property tax bill or monthly utility bill over the phone, dial
1-844-471-9640 to call a secure automated telephone payment system powered
by Point & Pay.
- Current year property taxes may be paid online from July 1 through February 28th each year. Beginning March 1st unpaid real property taxes are turned over to the Marquette County Treasurer for collections. The online payment option is disabled from February 28th until July 1st for the new tax year. To obtain a current balance due for property taxes including any interest and penalties owed please refer to our property tax lookup above.
- For delinquent personal property (business taxes) please contact City Hall at (906) 485-1091.
- Utility bill payments may be made at any time.
Drop-box for Payments
A drop-box is available at City Hall for payments. The drop box is attached to the building on the corner of Main and Division Streets. Please place your check or money order along with your payment stub in an envelope and deposit into the drop box. DO NOT USE CASH. If you have any questions about the drop-box, please contact City Hall at (906) 485-1091.
Payments at the City Hall Front Counter
Payments can be paid at the front counter at City Hall located at 100 E Division Street in Ishpeming with cash or check for all bills/payments. Credit cards are accepted for winter and summer tax bills and utility bills. A limited number of other fees can be paid with credit cards, please check with City Hall staff to determine if a credit card option is available. City Hall is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for making payments.
Autopay is a program designed to provide our customers with the option of paying their utility bill through an automatic withdrawal from their checking or savings account on the due date of the bill. You save time by not having to write checks and also save the cost of postage or the cost of running to drop off your payment. You never have to worry about payments getting lost in the mail or late payments when you are out of town on business or on vacation. To obtain an autopay form, click the link below or pick up a form at City Hall. Completed forms must be dropped off (in person) at City Hall.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FLUSHING WIPES AS
THESE ARE KNOWN TO CAUSE SEWER ISSUES.