Boards and Commissions
The City of Ishpeming has a number of Boards and Commissions that provide citizens the opportunity to serve their community. The responsibilities and focuses of these roles vary depending on how and why the Board or Commission was established.
If you are interested in serving on one or more of the following Boards or Commissions, please complete the application below and return it to the City Manager’s Office, 100 E. Division Street, Ishpeming, MI 49849. If you have any questions, please call Cathy Smith, Assistant to the City Manager, at 906-485-1091, Extension 203 or email email@example.com
- Board-Commissions Application (28.6 KiB)
CURRENT BOARD AND COMMISSION VACANCIES
The following Boards or Commissions have vacancies:
- Board of Reveiw will have two vacant seats for the November General Election. The Board of Review hears assessed value appeals. Board Members are paid hourly at a rate of $12.50 per hour. Qualified individuals interested in running for the vacant seats on the Board of Review must file a Nominating Petition and file a sworn Affidavit of Identity with the City Clerk. Candidates must be a resident of and registered to vote in the City of Ishpeming. The deadline for filing a nominating petition and Affidavit of Identity with the City Clerk is Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.at the Ishpeming City Hall, 100 E. Division Street. Phone 906-485-1091, Ext. 203.
- Board of Review also has one vacancy with the term expiring 12/31/2022.
The Board of Review is an elected position. Vacancies shall be filled by a majority vote of the remaining members of the Board, following published notice by the Board that it will receive applications from qualified persons to fill such vacancy. A person appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve for the balance of the unexpired term. A Nominating Petition and Affidavit of Identity must be filed with the City Clerk to be considered for the vacancy.
- Downtown Development Authority has (1) one vacancy
- Planning Commission has (1) one vacancy
Click on the Board or Commission to view members and meeting schedule: