Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
- James Bertucci
- Diane Gauthier
- Angelo Bosio
- Larry Bussone
- Bruce Houghton
- Gabe Seelen
- Harry Weikel
- Mike Tonkin (City Council Liaison)
2017 MEETING SCHEDULE ** (7:00 p.m.)
- January 9, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 6, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- June 5, 2017
- July 10, 2017
- August 7, 2017
- September 11, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- November 6, 2017
- December 4, 2017
- January 8, 2018
** NOTE: Dates subject to change.