Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS (3 year terms)
- James Bertucci
- Diane Gauthier
- Angelo Bosio
- Larry Bussone
- Bruce Houghton
- Brooke Routhier
- Gabe Seelen
- Harry Weikel
- Mike Tonkin – City Council Representative
2019 MEETING SCHEDULE ** (6:30 p.m)
- January 7, 2019
- February 4, 2019
- March 4, 2019
- April 1, 2019
- May 6, 2019
- June 3, 2019
- July 1, 2019
- August 5, 2019
- September 2, 2019
- October 7, 2019
- November 4, 2019
- December 2, 2019
- January 6, 2020
** NOTE: Dates subject to change.