Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
PLANNING COMMISSION BYLAWS
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS (3 year terms)
- Ty Hyatt
- Brooke Routhier
- Harry Weikel
- Bruce Houghton
- John Carlson
- Gabe Seelen
- David Lawler
- Mike Kinnunen
- Lindsay Bean – City Council Representative
2021 MEETING SCHEDULE ** (6:30 p.m)
- January 4, 2021
- February 1, 2021
- March 1, 2021
- April 5, 2021
- May 3, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- July 12, 2021 (changed due to 4th of July)
- August 2, 2021
- September 13, 2021 (changed due to Labor Day)
- October 4, 2021
- November 1, 2021
- December 6, 2021
- January 10, 2022 (changed due to New Year’s)
** NOTE: Dates subject to change.