Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
PLANNING COMMISSION BYLAWS
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS (3 year terms)
- Torrey Dupras
- Benjamin Argall
- Brooke Routhier
- Bruce Houghton
- Kari Getschow
- Michael Elliott
- David Lawler
- Mike Kinnunen
- Lindsay Bean – City Council Representative
2023 MEETING SCHEDULE ** (6:30 p.m)
- January 9, 2023
- February 6, 2023
- March 6, 2023
- April 3, 2023
- May 1, 2023
- June 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- August 7, 2023
- September 11, 2023
- October 2, 2023
- November 6, 2023
- December 4, 2023
- January 8, 2024
** NOTE: Dates subject to change.