Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS (3 year terms)
- James Bertucci
- Diane Gauthier
- Angelo Bosio
- Larry Bussone
- Bruce Houghton
- Brooke Routhier
- Gabe Seelen
- Harry Weikel
- Mike Tonkin – City Council Representative
2020 MEETING SCHEDULE ** (6:30 p.m)
- January 6, 2020
- February 3, 2020
- March 2, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- May 4, 2020
- June 1, 2020
- July 6, 2020
- August 3, 2020
- September 7, 2020
- October 5, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- December 7, 2020
- January 4, 2021
** NOTE: Dates subject to change.