Election Information & Dates
Voter Identification Requirement
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF STATE
BUREAU OF ELECTIONS
NOTICE TO VOTERS: VOTER IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENT IN EFFECT
Due to a recent court ruling, every Michigan voter who offers to vote in the polls must comply with the requirement by showing picture identification or signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.
Voters with picture identification: Voters can satisfy the picture identification requirement by showing a Michigan driver’s license or a Michigan personal identification card.
Voters who do not possess either document may show any of the following forms of picture identification as long as they are current:
- Driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state.
- Federal or state government-issued photo identification.
- U.S. passport.
- Military identification card with photo.
- Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education.
- Tribal identification card with photo.
Voters without picture identification:
Michigan election law anticipates that not all voters will have picture identification. Voters who do not bring picture identification to the polls or do not possess picture identification can vote like any other voter by signing an affidavit.
Questions regarding the picture identification requirement can be directed to your City Clerk’s office at (906) 485-1091.
To register to vote in Michigan you must be:
* A resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
* A citizen of the United States of America
* At least 18 year of age (by election day)
* Not serving a sentence in jail or prison
Additional information regarding the Voter Registration process can be found at the Michigan Secretary of State website. Click here…
To view sample ballots and other information
To view a sample ballot for upcoming elections please click the link below. Under Michigan Voter Information Center click on “View your Sample Ballot for the upcoming election”. Then enter Marquette County; Ishpeming City; and then either Precinct 1 – Birchview School, 663 Poplar Street or Precinct 2 – Ishpeming Senior Center, 320 S. Pine Street.
2016 ELECTION DATES
March 8, 2016: Presidential Primary Election. Polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
August 2, 2016: State Primary Election.
November 8, 2016: General Election. Polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
Last Date to Register
February 8, 2016: For Presidential Primary
July 5, 2016: For State Primary
October 11, 2016: For General Election
To view key Election Deadlines click here Key Election Deadlines
ADDITIONAL ELECTION INFORMATION
- City Of Ishpeming-Negaunee Elections 2016 (87.7 KiB)
If you have any questions regarding your voter registration or precinct location, please contact the City Clerk’s office prior to Election Day at 906-485-1091, x204