Please direct planning inquiries to Al Pierce, at (906) 485-1091 x 206. His office hours at City Hall(100 E. Division Street) are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
For the Ishpeming City Planning Commission meeting schedule please click here: