Jim Lampman, CPA
Phone: (906) 485-1091, ext. #210
Phone: (906) 485-1091 ext. #200
Property Tax/Utility Billing Lookup and
Property Tax information may be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- For the property owner, current tax information is available to view free of charge.
- For non-property owner, current tax information is available for a $2.00 fee per property as a single transaction using your credit card.
Credit Card: 3% convenience fee with a $2.00 minimum.
E-Check: $3.00 fee for up to $9,999.99 / $10.00 fee for $10,000.00 and over
Utility Billing information may be accessed by clicking on the link below.
- For account holder, information is available to view free of charge.
- For non account holder, information is available for a $1.00 fee per account as a single transaction using your credit card.
To pay your property tax bill or monthly utility bill over the phone, dial
1-844-471-9640 to call a secure automated telephone payment system powered
by Point & Pay.
- Current year property taxes may be paid online from July 1 through February 28th each year. Beginning March 1st unpaid real property taxes are turned over to the Marquette County Treasurer for collections. The online payment option is disabled from February 28th until July 1st for the new tax year. To obtain a current balance due for property taxes including any interest and penalties owed please refer to our property tax lookup above.
- For delinquent personal property (business taxes) please contact City Hall at (906) 485-1091.
- Utility bill payments may be made at any time.
A drop-box is available at City Hall for water and tax payments. The drop box is attached to the building on the corner of Main and Division Streets. Please place your check or money order along with your payment stub in an envelope and deposit into the drop box. DO NOT USE CASH. If you have any questions about the drop-box, please contact City Hall at (906) 485-1091.
Temporary Extension Application and Hardship/Inability to Pay Application
Individuals unable to pay their City of Ishpeming utility bill in full by the designated due date can apply for the Temporary Extension Application (link below) to delay payment up to 2 weeks from the billing due date.
Individuals unable to pay their City of Ishpeming utility bill in full by the designated due date, and are unable to utilize the Extension Application can apply for a hardship using the Hardship/Inability to Pay Application (link below) to delay payment up to 2 months from the disconnect date on the current utility bill.
Autopay is a program designed to provide our customers with the option of paying their utility bill through an automatic withdrawal from their checking or savings account on the due date of the bill. You save time by not having to write checks and also save the cost of postage or the cost of running to drop off your payment. You never have to worry about payments getting lost in the mail or late payments when you are out of town on business or on vacation. To obtain an autopay form, click the link below or pick up a form at City Hall. Completed forms must be dropped off (in person) at City Hall.
City of Ishpeming Fee Schedule
Click her to view the City of Ishpeming Fee Schedule