City Charter Section 4.15 – The City Planning Commission shall have the powers, duties, and membership as prescribed by the laws of this State and such additional powers and duties not inconsistent with this Charter or the laws of this State, as the Council may provide.
Al Pierce, Zoning Adminstrator
Phone: (906) 485-1091, Ext. 206
Office Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Planning Commission:
- Make, adopt and maintain a comprehensive or master basic plan as a guide for the development of the City of Ishpeming.
- Review the make recommendations to the City Council on those Federal, State and local public agency programs that affect the physical development of the City and all physical development projects.
- Prepare for City Council approval a public works capital improvement plan which defines all “project type” public needs, priority, estimated costs and method of financing.
- Preparation of a zoning ordinance.
- Prepare subdivision (plat) regulations for adoption by the City Council.
- Make special studies and reports on all other matters referred to the Planning Commission by the City Council.
For the list of Planning Commission Members, meeting schedule, and minutes please click here: Planning Commission
Planning Commission Annual Reports
2017 Annual Report