Special Refuse Collection
2020 Schedule will be posted soon.
Ishpeming RESIDENTS will have the opportunity to dispose of large, non-hazardous garbage items at the City’s compost site. Roll-off containers will be available. This service will be available on the last Saturday of every month through October from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There will be one additional day in May for Spring Cleanup as listed below.
RESIDENTS are REQUIRED to present identification AND their City utility bill.
**LIMIT OF ONE LOAD PER TRUCK PER DAY WILL BE ENFORCED**
- THERE WILL BE NO SPECIAL REFUSE COLLECTION IN APRIL
- Friday, May 22, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Special Collection)
- Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Special Collection)
- Friday, May 29, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Special Collection)
- Saturday, May 30, 2020
- Saturday, June 27, 2020
- Saturday, July 25, 2020
- Saturday, August 29, 2020
- Saturday, September 26, 2020
- Saturday, October 31, 2020
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Beverage containers (recycle curbside)
Cardboard (recycle curbside)
Yard clippings (place in compost pile)
Brush / small diameter trees/branches (place in brush pile)
Low-level radioactive waste
Construction Materials, including shingles
Scrap Metal (place in recycling bins or recycle curbside)
For more information, please contact Public Works at (906) 486-9371.
The Waste and Compost site is located on Carson Road off of Lakeshore Drive