City of Ishpeming Master Plan-Adopted Mar. 2010
This master plan is the result of extensive data collection and analysis providing a method to address issues throughout the City of Ishpeming. Master Plans are governed by the Michigan Planning Enabling Act (PA 33 of 2008). Community input has played a critical role in the formation of this plan to ensure that it represents the needs of the residents. The initial sections of the plan present an analysis of the current conditions in the City, including demographic statistics, economic climate, and the existing land use. The remaining chapters of the plan are designed around key issues highlighted by residents and community officials. Recommendations for Ishpeming officials addressing key issues are outlined in detail.
By analyzing the current condition of the area and factoring in desired outcomes, the plan provides a clear view and direction toward achieving the proposed goals. A future land use chapter will present the “preferred future” of how the City of Ishpeming would like to grow and will include recommendations on how development will be carried out. The future land use discussion will also include a zoning plan, which will guide the implementation of a zoning ordinance revision for the City.
To summarize, this plan is intended for use as a guide by local officials when considering matters related to development and land use. Planning is a process that requires ongoing review and analysis. This plan will remain a work-in-progress and will require timely and thoughtful revision to be of the greatest benefit.
- Table of Contents (37.5 KiB)
- Chapter 1 Introduction and Brief Historical Background (50.1 KiB)
- Chapter 2 Cultural Heritage and Community Events (81.2 KiB)
- Chapter 3 Population (200.5 KiB)
- Chapter 4 Economic Base (134.2 KiB)
- Chapter 5 - Housing (171.9 KiB)
- Chapter 6 - Community Facilities and Services (188.1 KiB)
- Chapter 7 Land Use (116.4 KiB)
- Chapter 8 - Recreation (255.3 KiB)
- Chapter 9 - Transportation (142.5 KiB)
- Chapter 10 - Planning Commission Recommendations (170.1 KiB)
- Chapter 11 - Future Land Use and Zoning Plan (80.7 KiB)
- Appendix A - Citizen Survey and Results (81.7 KiB)
- Resolution Adopting the Master Plan (701.1 KiB)
- Base Map (1.2 MiB)
- Orthophoto (22.4 MiB)